“There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats its children.”
Wonderful French Toast recipe...for best results use a loaf of day old sour dough bread sliced into 1/2 inch slices.
Write a review
- • 6 eggs
- • 4 Tablespoons light cream
- • 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- MIX ingredients together in large bowl with a flat bottom.
- SLICE a loaf of day old sour dough bread into ½ inch slices*.
- SOAK bread slices for 3-5 minutes in the egg mixture.
- PREHEAT a griddle and cook slices for 1-2 minutes per side (or until golden brown).
- SERVE topped with nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt, fresh sliced strawberries or other fresh seasonal fruit (blueberries, peaches, papaya, etc), and a dash of maple syrup.
- NOTE FROM NANCY: Always use the best bread you can afford when you make this recipe. Sour dough makes a fabulous French toast, but a hearty whole grain bread is also a great choice. Support your local bakeries.
Growing Healthy Kids http://growinghealthykids.org/